this is good, recently
I'm a compulsive saver of links. Links I save for no particular reason other than their general greatness I tag on delicious as thisisgood. Here are five recent ones. If they're not new to you, then you can derisively snicker "seen it" and move right along.
- I'm leaving forumville forever. Discuss.
- Ezra Cooper on the job of being a production assistant on The Shining. "KUBRICK: No! Keep typing!" (There, I've spoiled the punchline. You'll have to clickthrough for the setup.)
- A fantastic Talk thread at Serious Eats: What do you collect? There's the usual lists of course (fiestaware, hot sauces, etc.) but also a few gems like this one: "I think I have the world's largest collection of grasshopper pins."
- Flowing Data on how to fix the uncommunicative table. I have no idea if those circles are actually a fix, but wow, they sure are pretty.
- And, finally, I know, everyone's into Fuck You, Penguin. But I really loved the one about how Egotistical deer think they are always making your day. "It's really because deer are huge attention whores."