Last Tuesday night, after Caltrans closed the Bay Bridge for repairs, I set up a single serving site: isthebaybridgeopen.com, and then proceeded to pimp it lightly here and on Twitter.
Just because I find this kind of stuff interesting, here's a quick summary of visitor traffic and activity. The data here is from Tuesday night through "now" (or whatever Google Analytics defines as "now"):
- 2,756 visits / 3,285 pageviews
- 45 comments, or 1 comment for every 73 pageviews
- 48 tweets, or 1 tweet for every 68 pageviews
- This was a local story, so the vast majority of the visits were from California
- 45% of visits were direct, 55% were clicks from referring sites
And the top ten referring sites were...
- sippey.com (hey, that's me!)
Obviously this wasn't a huge viral hit. But it was a fun little $15 / 15 minute project. And in case you hadn't heard, the Bay Bridge is now open.